Thursday, August 11, 2011

Opening Music Track

I was running over the opening sequence of our yet to be named zombie film and decided it'd be awesome to get a blues sounding guitar whining along with the actors' walk sequence. Guitar in hand, I tried to compose a basic instrumental blues beat that didn't sound like a total rip-off of guitarists much better than myself. It soon became clear that it would be an uphill battle.

Last night as I was hanging out with my youth group in a local coffeehouse, Calico Jack a local blues/folk rock artist from the band Fair Clara was performing. He's got a unique, gutsy blues tone and his opening song would be perfect to intro our upcoming film. So I waited around until the set was over, introduced myself, bought a CD, talked to him about using his stuff and BOOM, opening track fah yer film, right dare.

He's got some good stuff, I'd recommend checking it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment